Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rockin' Bloggin'

Oh dear... yes Angel, the husbands will start to worry, ROFL!

As you may have surmised from the title of this entry and the first line (full text at Angel's main blog), Angel has nominated me for another award:


Well, I'm a girl, and I blog, and I've even been known to crank up the Nickelback in my car once I've dropped off the offspring so...

Hey, works for me! As you all know, blog bling is still a marvelous novelty to me, so I'm just going to sit here and stare at my sidebar for a bit. IF I can ever get the thing to load up, that is...
Ah, there. Much better.


(hey, it says "Rockin' "-- doesn't say a thing about technically-savvy...)

Now I need to pass this on to five more folks, I believe. Hmmm...

Well, Angel is going to have to do without, as she and I have done the reciprocal award thing a bit too much in the past 72 hours. But if I could, I would!

(I've mentioned the dorktastic thing, right? Okay, I thought I had...)
Anyway, without further ado, these are my nominees:

Judy of Tiggers Don't Jump. I love the mix of postings in her blog... some medical, some personal, ALL great. Besides, she sided with me over the Great Brownie Caper. MAJOR props.

(psst -- he hasn't touched my chocolate since, wise man that he is)

Nurse K of Crass-Pollination. Why? Brass balls. Do NOT mess with her. You will NOT win. When I wear my "I can only please so many people per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either," t-shirt, I think of her.

(in a good way, promise!)

At Your Cervix. Lady's got it going on. She's recovering from weight loss surgery and is a full-time nurse in labor and delivery. Plus she's in the non-interventive school of thought which, obviously, makes me smile and also makes me wish she worked down in my area and had been one of my L&D nurses with No. 1 Son.

(she totally would not have grabbed my breast without asking... I'm sure of it)

Medblog Addict. I'm relatively certain MBA is a girl? I think it's been said. If not, just bash me over the head with a Clue x4 and consider this a sincere compliment.

(besides, as a medblog addict myself, I think we'd do well in therapy together... we just wouldn't get any better)

And finally Working Girl at Mostly True Stories. Anyone whose URL starts with "pad and panty" deserves my nomination! Best damn URL since At Your Cervix :)

Rock on, bloggers... rock on.

11 comments:

Medblog Addict said...

"I'm relatively certain MBA is a girl? I think it's been said." What do you mean, you think I'm a girl!?! Of course I'm a girl. Although, I guess its hard to tell sometimes. I have my doubts about a couple of medbloggers. hee.

Thank you. I'm a lurker, which means I an unpopular and only have 15 readers. So this is my first award. Am I supposed to do something?

Amanda said...

ROFLMAO!

Okay, just making sure. Sometimes my radar 'pings' weirdly. I was 99.9% certain?

You're popular. I have four readers. You win ;)

Amanda said...

Oh, yeah, you're supposed to nominate 5 people (payment for the blog bling, I guess). Of course, if you don't wish to you don't have to.

For me? I figure what the hell. It's fun, I get to pass the blog bling around, and there isn't a hideously long meme questionnaire attached to it.

Working Girl said...

gee thanks! I have been admiring and coveting the super hot pink bling on other blogs...and now it's mine!!!

AtYourCervix said...

You're da bomb Amanda!

For the record, I would not grab your boob ;-)

Amanda said...

Working girl, I too, have been a serious admirerer of the hot pink bling... couldn't help but pass it on where I could!

And AYC, you rock as well :) And thanks for confirming you wouldn't grab my boob, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I was going to make a funny comment about MBA. But she's already been here.

Yes, she's a she. If she wasn't, I would be wrong and socially retarded. But the latter could also be true.

Either that or she's a gay guy because she has this thing for male calendar boys.

Okay, that's my funny comment/s...

Tell MBA to come back and visit so she can can either laugh at me or bitchslap me.

HA. She'll probably just laugh at me...

Amanda said...

Hell, PA, I'm laughing because I'm about as socially retarded as you are!

Oh well... social retards of the world, unite!

Except, uhm, I think that would cause a rip in the space-time continuum or something...

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Well deserved bling, chickie ;)

Nickelback rocks!

Medblog Addict said...

Y'all are too funny. I was going to mention that I had to be the gayest attorney in town if y'all thought I was a guy. Heck, I'm so tired I don't even know if that makes sense. I'd better quit while I'm ahead. Plus all this grabbing boob talk has made me want to go wake up BF. Okay, now y'all can see why I am a lurker and rarely leave comments.

Mauigirl said...

LOL, MBA! I know what you mean; your monthly awards for those hot doctors you post might be construed a whole different way if you were a guy!