Thursday, July 26, 2007

AaaaCHOO!!

Can anyone tell me just why my cats insist on congregating in my bedroom at night when they have the run of the entire house?

Usually the wee beasties aren't permitted in the master bedroom. However, someone who shall not be named (koff... the spousal unit... koff) left the bedroom door open when he came to bed last night.

I woke up around 3:00 a.m. to see Miss Emily batting my toothbrush around in the sink, Daniel staring intently into the bathroom, and Patrick purring on my chest.

Remember those cat allergies I have? Yep. So of course Patrick picked the allergy-afflicted one as his bed.

I practically boiled my toothbrush this morning. I know exactly where Emmy's paws have been, and it ain't pretty.

Anyway, I managed to herd the cats out and was almost asleep again when my husband, for reasons known only to himself, decided to get up.

He went out of the bedroom and shut the door. I went back to sleep.

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to three cats piled on top of me, and our bedroom door once again open.

Someone who isn't me may be sleeping on the couch tonight.

With all three cats.

6 comments:

The Rainbow Zebra said...

My stuffy nose and right arm (where I got my allergy shot tonight) sympathize!

:::passing a soft tissue::::

Amanda said...

Heh... thanks for the tissue, Angel :)

Vertigo again today. More on that later. Fortunately not as freaky as when I was up in GA thanks to being on level ground.

Mark said...

your chest? I get one on my chest one on my pillow curled up between my shoulder and head and one between my legs at my ankles. THEN there is the dog who just HAS to sleeep right next to the bed unless it's storming in which case she's trying to get in the bed, and indside my shirt while i'm wearing it....


:)

Amanda said...

heh heh heh heh he -- Okay, Mark, you've got me beat! Although last night I was watching TV with my elder son on the couch and we had the two smaller cats piled on top of us and the largest of the three was stalking their tails by pacing back and forth across the back of the couch...

Mark said...

Oh it's hilarious to watch the 2 younger cats play. They will be play fighting and finally get near the oldest one (she's 14 years old) and they wil fall over on her, she will just get up and move and the 2 young ones will keep playing, usually the 3rd or 4th time they make her move she decides enough is enough and swats them both, and chases them out of the room. I laugh so hard when it happens it's almost painful..... Especially the look on the oldests one face after she lays back down, it's that "I showed them" look :)

Amanda said...

Hee... well, in our house it's the youngest and oldest cat who actively like each other. Our furkids are how old? Let's see... fourteen months, nine months, and six months old, so they're all youngsters. Daniel, the eldest, was first in when he was 10 months old. Patrick joined us a month or so later when he was eight weeks old. And then about a month later, Emily (the middle child) came home with us when she was six months old.

The two boys are as thick as thieves, so Emmy's kind of the odd girl out. But she and Patrick will both tussle over lap space while Daniel, who's a much more stand-offish sort, just glares at them in a superior manner.

Then again, Daniel's also the same cat who hurls himself into our bedroom in front of me so he can sleep with the humans. And, wonder of wonders, he let me snuggle him the other night!

They're such messes... and a blessing, the never-ending litter scooping notwithstanding :)