Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On the Upswing

6:35PM, 40 minutes, 11.3 miles

I increased mileage in addition to upping the resistance on the stationary bike, so I'm pretty tickled with that. I'm also a soggy, sweaty mess, but an accomplished mess. I'll take it.

One thing I really like about the bicycle as opposed to my beloved/hated treadmill is that I'm more independent when it comes to increasing the intensity of my workouts. I can go faster just by pedaling faster, no buttons to push, and I go as much faster as I want without being limited by the machine's speed. I enjoy that -- the flexibility is awesome.

--------------------------

In other news, my car is back from the shop and it's running nicely so far. The big test will doubtless be this weekend, because the Elder (again) needs new shoes, so we'll be out shopping and the like, and it's during those multi-start/stop scenarios that the ignition wouldn't catch.

Also, I'm really tickled because, in spite of mortgaging the boys' college educations for the repairs I had done, I also splurged a little and had the car detailed including having all the upholstery cleaned and the carpets shampooed. It's a 13-year-old car (2000 model -- is that thirteen in car years, or twelve?), and I'm its third owner so it was about time, especially since I've been driving it with two messy children inside it. But the children are older and less sloppy now, plus they kind of like having a nice looking car, so I might have a snowball's chance of keeping it looking at least semi-presentable.

Oh, and the presentation from HELL is finally done. FedEx came and picked that sucker up late-afternoon, and you've never seen a more happy group of people than those of us who were working on it.

Anyway, it's about time for Survivor so I'm going to have to head that way. I don't know why I bother -- every week I post the same thing for my Facebook status: The stupid, it burns!!!

Those poor dumb kids. And Troyzan? The heck?

Have a good one, y'all.

No comments: