Friday, March 11, 2011

Okay, I'm Caving

No, not on my food! Good grief, I'm on a roll there! No, no, it's just that I've been seeing this "ABC's of Me" meme running amok, and since I want to post something tonight but really have no clue what to post about, I'm in.

A - Age: 40 years, 11 months, 9 days. Not that I'm counting.

B - Bed size: queen

C - Chore you hate: scooping the litter box. Making the bed has also always seemed pretty pointless.

D - Dog's name: Teddy, a.k.a. Hound

E - Essential start your day item: something caffeinated. Coffee is best, Diet Coke will do.

F - Favorite color: green

G - Gold or Silver: gold

H - Height: 5'7"

I - Instruments you play: piano and violin, neither one that well anymore

J - Job title: office manager/ ruler of all she surveys (I'm very nearsighted in my good eye, so they let me get away with this)

K - Kids: 2 boys

L - Living arrangements: married, offspring, 3 cats, 1 dog, innumerable dust bunnies, and more books than there is shelf space

M - Mom's name: Yo, ma!

N - Nicknames: A, A.J., Ralph (yes, Ralph -- my father is a very twisted man)

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: for a tonsillectomy when I was 4 -- 2 nights! The nephew just had his removed and it was out-patient.

P - Pet Peeve: bullying and hateful behavior. Don't get me started on this rant...

Q - Quote from a movie: “Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.”

R - Right or left handed: Right

S - Siblings: 2 - one sister, and one brother

T - Time you wake up: the alarm goes off at 6:00. I'm usually awake around 4:30 or 5:00, because my body hates me and wants me to die of sleep deprivation :P

U- Underwear: uh, yes? (who wrote this thing?)

V - Vegetable you dislike: freaking PEAS. Bleah.

W - Ways you run late: my beloved children attempt to thwart my efforts at promptness

X - X-rays you've had: lots of dental, legs (for the stress fractures), wrist (fracture), chest... more, but I've lost count

Y - Yummy food you make: monkey bread, buttermilk pie, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache glaze, lentil soup, mustard maple pork tenderloin, salmon with mustard dill sauce, curried sweet potato oven fries... shoot, now I'm hungry and I just ate.

Z - Zoo favorite: elephants. Always.

No comments: