Wednesday, March 02, 2011

It's About Time

After thirty-six days, all is well. I was feeling more settled yesterday and as the day wore on I noticed that my stomach was looking a little flatter.A couple of hours later I discovered why. It's amazing how intense the bloat gets -- the scale can vary as much as five pounds from one day to the next.

You know, I'm so done with the whole "peri" part of this peri-menopause. I'd like it to just pause already, thankyouverymuch. And thank you very much for listening to Sunday's rant.

Oish.

In other news, it's becoming apparent to me that small boys bring home icky things. Last fall it was impetigo, and now one of my precious snowflakes has developed a most charming patch of ringworm on his arm. If it's not the bacteria it's the fungi apparently. And they're all out to get me. See, I can take vomit. I can take blood (good thing too because the Gum Zombie's nose is a veritable fountain of carnage at times). I can take just about any body fluid you throw at me, although I may make little gagging noises in the process. In the end, though, it's no biggie. I changed diapers for close to seven years straight, for crying out loud.

But communicable skin conditions? GACK!!! Yep, throw me something a bit scaly, oozy, and most importantly, contagious and I turn into a complete pansy.

Here's hoping the ointment works as described. If not, you may next find me huddled in the back of a closet with my iPad.

4 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Oh, nasty! Especially the oozy stuff. We are fortunate we do not live in Biblical times. People's body parts were falling off left and right from skin disease.

Actually, I am not sure if that is true or not, but that is the way I imagine it.

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

You're so funny. For me it's mucous. Nasty gurgling and dripping mucous. At least the ring worm is not really a worm.

Amanda said...

Cheeseboy, my mind works the same way. I love modern medicine!

Doc, true enough on the ringworm. At least it's not a parasite for real... just a nasty, icky, scaly, CONTAGIOUS fungus *shudder*.

Give me nasty drippy mucus any day. That said, I have to admit that I think a compound fracture would also have a huge skeeve-out factor for me, now that I'm thinking about it.

Elise Lowerison said...

I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about going through menopause and all the great things (not!) that come along with it was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about trying to stay on track with your fitness. I am adding you to my favorites. Since you and your readers are interested in health and fitness, we thought you would like to check out our ab workout machine called The AbStand. The AbStand is a full-body workout machine that provides an easy way for you to get a superior work out in the comfort of your own home! Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!