Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Procrastination 101

Tonight I'm supposed to do Week 2, Day 2 of the Couch-to-5K program. And I'll do it. For sure.

I just don't wanna.

I've been dreading this run today. And one thing I do extremely well (along with sit at the computer) is procrastinate.

I see my mother daily, so what did I do just now? I talked with her on the phone. For forty-five minutes.

I've been catching up on everyone else's blogs, even though hardly anyone has any updates.

And I've been reading message board posts about C25K stuff. Because reading about it? Beats DOING it at the moment.

Sigh.

Okay, posting this, then I'm going to hit the treadmill. After I make the Gum Zombie's Easy Mac. And I need to scoop the litter boxes. And the toilets need scrubbing...

Update:
After some intense Facebooking and Twittering (I managed to procrastinate myself out of cleaning the bathrooms), I got on the treadmill and did W2D2. I don't think I saw any improvement over W2D1 with the exception that I knew I could make it all six intervals this time. Okay, that's a plus. But this is what's staring me in the face next week:


Do you SEE that? I mean, the first interval is fine. 90 seconds. I've got that. But Interval 2 is THREE MINUTES STRAIGHT. And so is Interval 4.

I am clearly insane. Now I have to post this sucker and start on my weights.

Yep, I've lost it.

5 comments:

The Rainbow Zebra said...

YES you are insane. I would D-I-E DIE!!!!

BUT you can do this. I am so proud of you and really I mean it,when I say you're my hero :) I want to be there cheering you on!! TEAM AMANDAJUSTICE :D

Amanda said...

Thank you for confirmation that my mind is lost, LMAO! Yeah, I look at myself and I'm just all "WTF???"

Tacky, but true.

And thanks for the support! I WILL do this. If I have to repeat a week that's fine (I'm pre-emptively kicking Miss Perfectionist into a closet). The key is to keep going.

That said, I'm already considering putting off Thursday's run until Friday. In my defense, though, Thursday night is the boys' Book Fair night at school (planned before they started judo, and I need to email you about the Saturday classes -- kick me if I don't, please?), and I'm not sure when we'll be home plus I have a SL commitment at 9PM ET... so it may be that Friday is a better choice.

Queen of Rationalizations and Procrastination signing off...

Choreboy said...

Ahem... you should understand, being a procrastinator and all. I was going to comment, just hadn't gotten around to it yet! Besides, I haven't been online so to speak with the wounded hound on my mind and all.

Heidi said...

Is it totally lazy of me to see if you survive before trying C25K for myself? Because that's what I'm doing. I've gained four of my 10 pounds back so I know I've got to get back to exercising, I just ... don't ... wanna.

azureavian said...

Hardly anyone updates? I do, lots. Did I give you the link to my blog? Probably not =/
azureavian.livejournal.com