Friday, May 27, 2011

WW Weigh-In, Week 12

Start: 150
Week 1: 147.25
Week 2: 150.25
Week 3: 148.12
Week 4: 145.25
Week 5: 146.5
Week 6: 144.25
Week 7: 143.25
Week 8: 143.99
Week 9: 142.66
Week 10: 142.33
Week 11: 141.125
Week 12: 140.7

Unfortunately, I let myself hope for the 130's even though I knew it was a bad idea. Four tenths of a pound is something, but it's obviously not quite what I wanted. I guess we'll go with the whole "Slow and steady wins the race" concept. It's not like I have much choice in the matter. My eating is on point. I've averaged right at 1200 calories (+/- 30) for the past five weeks at least (email me if you want a link to my food log on SparkPeople -- I believe there's a version I have shared somewhere out on teh intarweebs), the food has for the most part (*koff* oreos *koff*) been of good quality, I've walked a minimum of 10,000 steps a day.

I'm looking at it and there's not much more I can reasonably do at this time. I'd like to run, but my body has been very clear that any response to running -- even sprints, dagnabbit -- will be along the lines of "Excuse me? What do you think you're doing? I'm taking you down, toots," so we're just not going there.

Some parts of getting old pretty much suck. Just so you know :P

Good news is, it's still trending downward. Yay!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Some parts of getting old pretty much suck. Just so you know"

Hahaha!! Isn't that just so true?!

Congrats on the WI. Mine is finally starting to move down again, too, and I am SO GLAD!!

Amanda said...

LOL -- this is why I love blogging. Because honestly, that weigh-in had me kind of torqued off. But I'm not the only person who's getting older, I'm not the only person who wants to kick that stupid scale at times, and it's awesome just knowing that :D

Thanks, Angela!

Choreboy said...

The lentils are good, the blackbeans are better and the redbeans are the best. I don't think she appreciates the red beans as much as I do though:)

tz said...

I think you are doing a wonderful job and you're an inspiration! And yes, getting old does kinda suck!

Amanda said...

Honey, the red beans require The Thawing of the Tasso. Which is your job :P

Okay, I don't like the flavor of the beans as well either. Point to you.

TZ, thanks! I'm working on it, LOL.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

You are so close to the 130's! Congratulations to you.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sounds like it is going okay overall. Hard isn't it? Man, I've been trying to lose the last 10 lbs for...uh. too long.

Sarah said...

Good work, Amanda!

Sarah @ Thinfluenced