Wednesday, May 04, 2011

WW Weigh-In, Week 8

Subtitled: OMG I have two free moments!!!

Sheesh. THAT took long enough. It's not like Week 9 weigh-in isn't tomorrow or anything. Good grief. Anyway:

Start: 150
Week 1: 147.25
Week 2: 150.25
Week 3: 148.12
Week 4: 145.25
Week 5: 146.5
Week 6: 144.25
Week 7: 143.25
Week 8: 143.99

Yeah, it really was point-ninety-nine, not 144. 144 made the nice little weight arm dip down and hit bottom. Sometimes it's fun weighing in on an old-style doctor's type scale. The visual and the mechanics of it all work for me. There's just something satisfying about that "thunk" when the weight arm hits bottom at a weight that previously made it top out.

Clearly, that didn't happen this week. As we all know, Easter kicked my ass. Specifically, baked goods. I did as much damage control as I could the rest of the week, calorie-wise, but it wasn't enough to completely erase the indulgence. On the plus side, seeing this (and the fact that at this point it doesn't look like tomorrow's weigh-in will even have me back down to Week 7's weigh-in number) will make it a bit easier to moderate myself at our family Mother's Day luncheon on Sunday.

On the minus side, I'm bringing the pound cake. Fortunately, I have a plan: I have hungry coworkers I will foist it on the following Monday. I don't think they'll mind. My leftover Easter candy has been amazingly popular with them.

--------------------------

In other news, the reason I have a free moment is because the nurse at the Elder's school called me. Child was feeling sick to his stomach, so we're now both at home. And now that we're both home, I'm not feeling that awesome myself. I'm still going to work to make my 10,000 steps though, for Jenn at Watch My Butt Shrink's 10K a Day in May challenge:

(click on the image above for the link -- I can't believe I figured out how to link through an image!!!)

I started the challenge WAY early, actually -- back in mid-April. So far I've made it over 10,000 steps each day with the exception of last Monday and Tuesday, the two days after Easter. The challenge didn't officially start until Sunday, May 1st, though, and my numbers thus far have been 11,693 for Sunday; 10,511 for Monday; and 11,156 for Tuesday (yesterday). Today I've only got 4,816 steps in so far, so I need to get moving! Fortunately, I walk 150 steps per minute at 3.5 MPH, and 125 steps per minute at 3 MPH, so even if I'm moving a bit more slowly I can make my goal in under 45 minutes.

I am such a data freak.

Speaking of which, I need to bond with my treadmill while I have the opportunity. I will do my level best to get up the results of tomorrow's weigh-in much sooner!

3 comments:

The Ninja said...

10K a day sounds cool. My pedometers is on crack so I'd need another one before I could be sure of my totals.

Amanda said...

I ordered one from the Weight Watchers website that I really like -- it counts not only steps, but PointsPlus values as well, and the length of the step is customizable. So far I like it :)

Tony Van Helsing said...

I'm not sure what pound cake is but it sounds like it would be disastrous to dieters.