Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More Miscellanea

Weigh-in for Week 10 of Weight Watchers is tomorrow. Truth be told, I'm not looking forward to it and it's not because of my eating. I've actually done rather well with that; even on Mother's Day I was careful, and didn't break 1300 calories. The pound cake went to the office Monday morning and was gone by midday Tuesday. My activity has also been good -- I'm still on track with Jenn's 10K a Day (in May!) challenge, and so far I've walked a bare minimum of 10,000 steps per day this month.

No, no, what's stressing me out is the lovely hormone fest. We're midway through the cycle right now and that's when things start to get fun, if they're going to. So this month, after a couple of months of things behaving themselves, I'm already retaining a lake's worth of water. I weighed myself this morning just for fun and I'm already easily up to 143. Add in to that the fact that Choreboy took me out to lunch today (I didn't overdo, but the sodium will nuke a weigh-in faster than anything) and I'm pretty sure I'm hosed.

Oh well. We'll see.

On the plus side, I just discovered these:

They're Godiva Pearls, and each pearl is approximately 3.25 calories. I use chocolate like medication at certain times (like this) and it cracks me up that these actually look like little pills! Now I can feel even more honest about medicating myself. For the record, a serving is 8 "pearls" for 25 calories, or 1 PointsPlus value.

I can live with that.

They come in dark chocolate, dark chocolate with mint, white chocolate, some sort of coffee variation (I only know that because I saw it in a picture) and milk chocolate. Needless to say, I have the dark chocolate... and it is good.

We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. All I know is that a bra that fit me fine on Monday now has me spilling over the top, so like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

The Ninja said...

Ohhh, I love those little chocolate things, they are like crack. I have them in my purse at all times and seriously when I eat one it's like in the movies when they shoot meds into the IV of a person who is freaking out-instant calm. amazeballs!

Let us know how the weigh in goes.

Amanda said...

No kidding on the instant calm -- when my head starts to rotate 360-degrees, ala The Exorcist, I break out the chocolate and it's amazing how rational I become.

I don't care if the reaction is purely psychosomatic (although science bears me out that there is something "real" to it). It works. Life is good... and so is chocolate ;)