Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dress

I just tried on the dress I'm getting married in. GACK! What was I THINKING???

Not about getting married -- I'm good with the whole "getting married" thing. Believe you me, I wouldn't be doing this again (for the third freaking time) if it weren't the right decision. No questions there.

But the DRESS. Oh. My. God.

I don't know if it's the pounds I put on since I quit smoking or what, but it is completely inappropriate. It's terrifyingly low in front. I mean, it's "let the girls out to say 'hi!!'" low. It fit much better about ten pounds ago, as it's apparent I've put on a decent share of those pounds in my chest.

There's no reasonable way I can drop ten pounds in a month.

Crap.

6 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

"It's terrifyingly low in front. I mean, it's "let the girls out to say 'hi!!'" low."

I'm having a hard time visualizing. Post pics, please. *evil grin*

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Amanda said...

Oh hell AD, I almost choked on my coffee! LOL

And thank you! He's a good guy. Twisted sense of humor. It's a good quality in a person all together *grin*

Choreboy said...

I'll tell the girls "hi" for you AD;)

Amanda said...

*eyeroll*

Mauigirl said...

Wow, I've been not keeping up over here, congrats on the upcoming wedding!

As for 10 lbs in a month, absolutely you can! Go low carb. I had to lose 8 lbs to fit into my wedding dress (they could have let it out but I had my pride!). I managed!

Sciamachy said...

10lbs in a month is totally possible. I lost lemmesee 3 stones which is 3x14lbs=42lbs in 2 months. You just have to go a bit mental:
1) Exercise like a nutter. Walk everywhere you can, and stretch the definition of walking distance to include 3 miles or so every day. Work out too with some basic calisthenics - press-ups, sit-ups etc. Doesn't have to take ages - you can get away with a couple of 10 minute sessions a day.
2) Eat about 1000 Kilocalories a day, as little fat as you can. Snack on apples as these fill you up for very little calorific value. Cut out carbs unless it's from fruit or veg & eat a LOT of low fat protein (fish, prawns, lobster etc) to repair the muscles you're working with all that exercise.

I can't guarantee it'll stay off but you can keep that regime up for a month easily.