Monday, January 28, 2013

Wheee!!!!!

143.5 on the scale this morning.  I'll take it!    It was actually 142.5 on Friday but that was after a rather unpleasant bout of the... well, let's just say I spent lots of time in the restroom.  But seeing an actual loss, even of half a pound?

Yup, that's all mine :)

Oh, and I had to laugh.  Brent and I totally smoked a couple of teenagers who were walking on our usual route last night.  We came up behind them, zoomed past, and one of the girls said to the other "I play softball and I can't even move that fast!"

I told them it was okay; that our expertise was because we had more than 90 years of practice between us.  Hee.

Icing on the cake?  Passing them on the way back -- past the 1/4 mark, even. Wearing my knee braces. 

Like a boss.

---------------------------

Believe it or not, there's more.  The news I'm really psyched about is the Choreboy is finally wanting to do some resistance training.  Wahoo!  I can't begin to tell you how much this thrills me.  I've mentioned before that it's been difficult for me to reconcile the amount of time my workouts take, and the simple fact that this is now something we'll be able to do together to some extent is huge.  We've got dumbbells at home going up to 30 lbs (I'm optimistic for myself, what can I say?), and after that we'll see where we are and go forward. 

Sad thing is, initially I'll be training him.  Oh well, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Or something like that.  I at least have good form and safety information, and I know some good basic moves that will get him started.  He's also as bad as I am when something interests him, so I figure once we get going on this he'll start doing his own reading and moving in the direction that's right for him.

What I do find mildly irksome is I've been telling him that if he wants to lose weight he's going to have to do some resistance training for awhile.  He listens, nods, and files it away.  Then when his immediate supervisor confirms what I've been babbling about?  Then suddenly it's something he should do!

Oh well, it worked.  The means makes me gnash my teeth a bit, but ultimately I'll take it :)

---------------------------

And on a final note, one of the rats is now verifiably a male.  He'll be going in for a little snip-snip operation. 

His name is Oops.  It fits.

If we have baby rats I think I might lose what's left of my mind.

3 comments:

C-bus Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AiringMyLaundry said...

Woohoo, any loss is a good loss!

Amanda said...

Thanks, WW!!