Monday, January 14, 2013

Pushover, Revisited

In addition to the 4 unmentionable pets (relevant blog linked here), we are now the proud owners of a baby-esque rat.

I know.  I give.  Lord knows my poor husband has.
------------------------

So I weighed in this morning and saw a nice, firm 145 on the scale.  I'd be excited except yesterday I was below 145 and had hopes of being able to fulfill the whole "5+ pounds in a week" prediction I'd made earlier, but my optimism didn't quite pan out.  Oh well, not like I didn't see that coming anyway :)  We'll see what it says tomorrow.

I'm still on plan and haven't deviated.  Weekdays remain static, and on weekends I tend to mix up my choices more.  The logic?  On weekdays my time is severely limited.  By choosing a very simple menu, I stick with it.  There is no temptation to pick something up on the way home because what I'm eating already is at home.  For me, it works.

On the weekends I have more time and am able to make foods that still fit within the my parameters (eggs/ egg whites, lean proteins, vegetables with an emphasis on dark greens, whole grains, fresh fruit, limited and/ or reduced fat dairy, no artificial sweeteners), but I'm able to mix it up a bit in the variety department.  This weekend I cooked a batch of baby spinach, onions, and mushrooms, and used it as a bed for the tilapia fillet I'd cooked with Frank's Red Hot.  It did not suck. 

I also made honey peanut butter oatmeal, which was freaking awesome.  I had it on Saturday using regular quick-cooking oats, and on Sunday I ate it using steel cut oats.  I cooked those in my rice cooker for the first time, rather than stovetop, and they came out marvelously!  It was a fun texture change.  1 TBSP peanut butter, 1 TBSP honey, and 1 cup cooked (1/2 cup uncooked) oatmeal both times.  Both days I ended up with right at 300 - 310 calories.  I swear, it tasted so good I almost felt guilty.

I was also bloated last night, which is unusual.  I generally don't eat carb-based meals, though (like the oatmeal) so perhaps that was the cause.  Or perhaps it wasn't, because I'd had the oatmeal on Saturday too and Sunday morning was my lowest weight to date (to the heavier side of 144.5).  I know I was on track so some days I just have to chalk it up to my hormones and shrug.  It's either that or go nuts.

Anyway, here's to making it through last week and continuing on this week!  Have a good one, y'all :)

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I hope you have a good week too...

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

It sounds like you are doing really well! Celebrate those victories!

Amanda said...

Thanks, Lisa :)

Diane, well at least I'm consistently behaving myself in contrast with how I was consistently NOT behaving myself in December, LOL!