Friday, August 27, 2010

Holding Steady

Well, in spite of this week's earlier lunacy I'm holding steady at 149.999999999999999999. I'll take it.

Physical activity has been off. The good news is that on Tuesday I managed 20 minutes straight on the elliptical for the first time. The bad news is that my right knee is now giving me fits -- not from the workout but from some repetitive motion stuff at the office -- so I've had to give it a rest since. So because my ability to do cardio is compromised, I've actually been even more careful with my food than I would be. In light of the Steak & Shake and Denny's events earlier, this is likely a very good thing.

Other than all that, I've been a bit distracted of late. Choreboy's job has been... erm, well I think the technical term is "ooky", so we've both been stressing over that. Fortunately he's got two good leads on alternate employment and we're hopeful one of those will pan out in short order. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't on edge, though. I'm about ready to chew a hole through my cheek. I'd love to self-medicate on a dozen or so cookies (or alternately, a vat of wine) but have thus far restrained myself to a judicious intake of dark chocolate.

Oh, but on the good news front both boys seem to be doing well so far this school year. Hooray! The Elder is settling into sixth grade well, and the Gum Zombie (outside of already being noted as "talkative"... there's a shocker) is enjoying his year so far as well.

Let's hope all this continues.

I'm hanging in there. We'll see what the next week brings. Have a good one, y'all!

No comments: