Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We Are Not Amused

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. I sneaked a peek at the scale this afternoon (I know, bad Amanda) and it said 159.

Yes you read that right. One hundred fifty-nine. Now how in the hell did that happen? I have no idea. My daily caloric average is 1246 for the week, the bloatfest in theory should have passed... so... where is my 156?

Hmmm????

We'll see what a night's rest and the morning's efforts bring. But as it stands, I'm ticked. I eat like a hog Easter weekend and show just one pound up even with the bloat, then I'm perfectly behaved from then on and am now up three pounds from my original weight?

I think I hate being forty.

6 comments:

Choreboy said...

But....but.... I've lost 6 pounds since you didn't make any cakes last week! You can bake if you wish, but don't get offended when I don't eat the cakes!

Amanda said...

Son, you are risking your life. Talk about a woman on the edge here...

*wandering off, contemplating methods of sneak-feeding Choreboy*

Unknown said...

Amanda, it's water - it has to be, there's no way you gained 4 pounds this week.
The scale is a lying b*tch - you know you were awesome this week, don't let her take that away from you!

Amanda said...

Amen to the scale being a lying bitch. There is no rhyme or reason.

Patsy said...

*sigh* It's payback for sneaking a peek... Actually, it's probably just a weird bodily fluctuation. If you stick with what you're doing, it'll be gone (with some extra) by next week's weigh in. :o)

Amanda said...

Jenn, Amanda, and Patsy... thank you all so much for commenting. Yep, that scale is a lying liar that lied. And Patsy you're so right -- it's just what I get sneaking a peek like that, LOL! There was better news today, so I'll take it :)