- Calories from the candy taken from your child's Halloween stash still count.
- Ditto the candy you bought to give out to the neighborhood kiddies.
- No, just because you "accidentally" overbought the Reese's Snack Size Pumpkins doesn't mean that you personally must ingest them all to avoid wastage.*
- Thanksgiving is one day, people. One.
- No, not two. I don't care that Great Aunt Paula brought her butter, cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and bacon dip that you may never have a chance to eat again before you die. ONE.
- Despite what the retail establishments would have us believe, Christmas, too, is one day a year.
- No, Grandmother Mercy's famous chocolate pecan marshmallow surprise cookies are not an exception.
- Yes, I know she baked them special, just for you.
- Fine, just tape them to your ass and be done with it.**
In other words, everything has a caloric toll no matter what the calendar says. I keep tracking over the holidays because it keeps me honest and I do better with visual confirmation that, yes, I really did eat THAT MUCH yesterday so I need to be sane today. It's what I found works for me because otherwise... well, that list didn't leap fully formed from a vacuum.
Have a good one, y'all. And be smart.
*Not that I, personally, would ever have done this...
**Seriously, you might as well.