Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

It's good to recover from vacation.

And I know the last entry was rather "blah". Seriously, though, after the events at the end of vacation (followed up, might I add, by the Elder wanting me to commit his Lego Wish List to memory -- EXCUSE me?) I think my brain finally fried.

All in all, we had a great time, the boys most especially. Choreboy and I plan to go back by ourselves to one of the parks (either Epcot or Hollywood Studios) and just enjoy rather than running willy-nilly from line to line. He's not into thrill rides too much anymore -- they're making his stomach leap about -- and I figure I can forego a rollercoaster or two in the spirit of marital cooperation :)

I'm having a bit of trouble getting back on track food-wise. I don't usually keep much tempting stuff at home, but with the holidays looming I've got it around every corner. It's even invading at work, and honestly it's driving me batshit crazy. I lost the vacation bloat pretty quickly, but I couldn't tell you how much I weigh right now because I'm totally avoiding the scale.

Until this coming Thursday, that is. November 3rd. I have a feeling -- okay, a certainty -- I won't make the 130-lb goal by then (official goal date was 11/2/11). But what I can do is eat well this weekend and in the upcoming days and be as close to it as I can. Exercise is good, but ultimately weight loss comes from the kitchen.

Speaking of exercise, I was right back on the ball with my Jillian Michaels circuit training. Yeah, see the past tense there? Yesterday morning I got distracted while stepping over the doggy gate into the kitchen, and managed to faceplant myself right on the extremely ugly, hard, mid-eighties vinyl floor. I was carrying my iPad and a Diet Coke at the time and am happy to report that they escaped without injury (I'm such a Diet Coke fiend that I manage to keep them upright when I fall). My right wrist and right knee -- the bad one -- are extremely unhappy, however. So it's back to just watching the food here, at least for a few days.

Big goal of the week? STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDY BOWL, AMANDA!

3 comments:

Angela Pea said...

Welcome back,and oh, OWIE!!! That must have hurt like the dickens. Super swell that the iPad surrvived, though!

Candy bowl? Yeah, I can keep my hands out of that, because it's empty. I'm bringing in candy on Monday on the way home from work, and the leftovers get dumped in the last trick-or-treater's bag.

The danged caramel corn? Seriously - which one of my kids (ahem husband) bought THREE big containers of the stuff? I've resorted to hiding it in DirtBikes closet, where the smell of teen socks and sneakers keeps me at bay.

Heal Quickly!

Choreboy said...

Well, at least you got away from the candy bowl. Leaving the candy in bags and eating it from there certainly helped you to make your goal a reality ;) Not that I've been a saint either!

Amanda said...

Thanks Angela! And yeah, I've been beaten with all the stupid candy all over the place. Sigh.

Choreboy, dude. All I can say is that saint or not, you're lucky there was last night because I know where you sleep, and it won't be in the big bed tonight :P