Saturday, April 16, 2011

WW Weigh-In, Week 6; also, Stylish!

Start: 150
Week 1: 147.25
Week 2: 150.25
Week 3: 148.12
Week 4: 145.25
Week 5: 146.5
Week 6: 144.25

Another drop of more than two pounds, only THIS week I didn't get the "Danger, Will Robinson!" alert from the Weight Watchers website. No, instead I got this:


FIVE POUNDS down, baby! It seems when you hit a milestone, the website defaults into congratulations mode. Whatever it is, I'll take it.

I'm pretty sure it's the loss of hair mass that did it, actually:

Yeah, the hair's in pigtails today, but that's about the size of it. It's cute. I'm adapting. I can't guarantee I'll keep it this length, though, because although the washing time is greatly reduced, the styling time is greatly increased. We'll see -- it's only been a week.

Oh, and the fact that my right and left eyes are looking in completely different directions? Totally normal, sadly. I have amblyopia (lazy eye), and my left eye takes frequent vacations. I was patched for years as a child and am fortunate to have as much vision as I do in that eye; but as it is, only about 20% of my field of vision is in the left.

Wait, I need to save that for this last part of the post!!


Stylin' in my pigtails I guess? Hee! This is thanks to Alexia over at Dimple Snatcher. I love reading her blog -- she's a cat person, and also she just has such vibrancy and joy combined with an ability to share it through her writing. It's a bonus that she's in NYC, which is conveniently where my nearly eight-month-old niece The Divine Miss M resides (along with her parents). Hop over there when you have a moment :)

Anyway, on to the rules for this award:
  1. Create a post linking back to the person who gave you the award.
  2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
  3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers with this award.
  4. Contact the bloggers you’re awarding to tell them they’ve won.
1. Okay, done!
2. As I kind of implied above, we're going to count the amblyopia issue as my first random thing. Don't gripe, because I almost figured I'd use the haircut picture as the second random thing. It might still show up as number seven. I'm not sure yet.

Second random thing about me? My hair is totally grey. No, no, I mean under the dye, dearies. The reason I'm nearly blonde now isn't just because I'm covering a few greys, it's because I'm covering a freaking boatload of them. My hair is truly more grey than women I know who are 20 years older than I am.

Third random thing? Uh... given my 'druthers, I type sitting cross-legged in my office chair. This doesn't work so well at the office, but at home I'm free to cut off all the circulation I please.

Fourth, if you google "stinky Birkenstocks", my blog is the second website listed. It used to be first, but apparently someone on the Mothering forums started a thread that really took off. Stinky Birkenstocks are a big problem, it seems, because that is one of the main search terms that brings traffic to my blog.

Weird, huh?

Fifth, I just figured out today that my normal activity level plus 30 minutes of bonding with my treadmill will net me 10,000 steps per day. Awesome!! The reason I know this is all Jenn's fault, by the way. She's running the 10 K a Day (in May) walking challenge, and because I signed up for it I had to get a new pedometer (the Gum Zombie hijacked my old one), and since I had to get a new one, of course I got the way-cool Weight Watchers pedometer that keeps track of not only steps, but also mileage and activity points.

Yeah, I know, I'm a huge dork. But I'm good with that (plus now I can tell I've also already scored 3 activity points today --total data geek heaven).

Sixth? Hmmm... this is getting more and more difficult. Sixth random fact, uh... I read lots of paranormal fiction. Yes, I even read the Twilight books. And I while I will poke fun at them mercilessly -- sparkly vampires, really? -- I'll also grudgingly admit I made it through the whole series in less than two weeks.

Moving right along (because seriously, Twilight? I have an English degree, people... this is shameful) my seventh random fact is that they will pry my Diet Coke out of my cold, dead fingers. I eat fresh produce, and the majority of my diet is comprised of minimally processed whole foods, but there's something about that addictive little can of chemicals I just can't resist.

Now I'm supposed to pass this sucker on. If you've read me for any length of time you know I'm lousy at this part -- like, truly terrible even. I'm going to give it a shot though (and I'm going to make the term "recently discovered" pretty... erm... flexible).

Jenn at Watch My Butt Shrink (like I wasn't going to tap her after already linking her in this post - heh)
Natasha at Creating Natasha (welcome back to the blog world!)
The Ninja over at Cooking it Off
Dizzy Girl at Dizzy
Draz over at It's Just Me, Drazil, & Sheniqua
Sara at Domestically Challenged
Tina at Faith, Fitness, Fun
JAFG at I'm Just Another Fat Girl (see, here it is -- inspiration to post again! Well, either that or run far, far away...)
Kendra at I'm Totally the Turtle (how can you not love a blog title like that?)
Mrs. X from Mrs. X's Journey from the Dark Side
Sarah at The Weathered Word

Okay, I'm not at 15 yet but I'm getting freaked out because I hate worrying I'm leaving people out, and I know I've probably put some folks on here who are going "Oh geez, just what I needed, another meme!" and others are probably wondering just why I didn't add them and...

...uhm, I overthink things? So hey, if you want to respond, regardless of whether or not you're listed, please do so! Anyone who reads my blog is a jewel and worthy of any award that comes along. And if you don't have the opportunity, no worries y'all :)

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

Choreboy said...

She's losing the weight, I'm gaining it. *sigh*

Alexia said...

Hahaha, I am totally a cat person!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Thanks for the vote...and can I just say you are super adorable?

Amanda said...

Awww... thanks Draz!

tz said...

yay congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome.
you look great in pig tails!
and I promise not to turn you in to the English Majors who read bad books police....I've been known to read quite a few of them myself.

The Ninja said...

It's good to see you! I hadn't seen a picture of you aside from the one that pops up next to your comments. Your are a cutie, love the pigtails. When I try to do pigtails I look a little...erm...special? Anyway thanks for the award.

Holicrap, my word verification is: unipiqwi...that's epic.

Amanda said...

You are doing awesome -- it's been os long since I checked in and I can't believe you stuck it out! I am in awe :-)

DCHY said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the award. :)