Monday, November 01, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

Yes folks, it's that time of year again!

So, what does the fact that I'm trying to spew forth 50,000 ill-chosen and poorly-constructed words in one month mean to you, my readers?

I've got no clue.

Some years I'm so focused on (losing) NaNo, that I don't post at all. Other years I'm so busy procrastinating on my (perpetually unfinished) novel that I am inspired by post topics more than I am during any other month of the year.

And I have been known to post excerpts of execrable prose, for your reading pleasure/ pain.

I guess the best take on NaNo comes from my mother who, when reminded NaNoWriMo started today, responded with, "Oh God."

No plot, no problem? Riiiiight....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh? LOL

Amanda said...

You have to click on the links for it to make sense. NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, where a bunch (thousands) of nutjobs all over the world commit to writing a minimum of 50,000 words during the month of November. Why 50K? Because it's pretty much the shortest acceptable length for a novel/ novella.

I lose spectacularly each year (in other words, I don't make it to 50K). But my wordcount gets higher each year too.

It doesn't matter -- it's fun :) It also means I may not be blogging much this month, or I might be blogging more than usual. All depends on where the muse leads... :)