- killed my lower body workout;
- done my weekly "scrub" facial (I will NOT go gentle into that good night);
- started the laundry;
- baked the chicken thighs for this week's work lunch;
- boiled eggs for same;
- cooked and ate breakfast (2 scrambled eggs, 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 avocado);
- did all the freaking dishes;
Oh, and I also weighed one of the snakes who's very tiny and a bit of a problem feeder. He seems to be holding his own at the moment, not that this is anyone's earthshattering concern outside of my own and the Gum Zombie's.
My Whole30 eating is going well. For anyone wondering if I've gone off the rails, let me assure you I do not suffer. Again, the plan was to post pictures; however, Blogger seems to lack interest in permitting me to do so for the foreseeable future. If anyone feels their lives would be complete if only they just had a visual, simply email me and I'll send you the pictures myself.
But forward! Here is what I eat on any given day:
2 eggs, a cup of berries, 1-2 cups broccoli or 12-ish stalks of asparagus. Today, there was avocado.
Usually it's grilled chicken thigh over sauteed spinach, onions, and tomatoes, seasoned with a boatload of spices (my current obsession is mustard seeds), topped with either diced avocado or a 100-calorie packet of Wholly Guacamole (which is Whole30 compliant), a hard boiled egg, an apple, and a tablespoon of coconut butter. Uhm, those last two items are eaten on the side, not on top of the chicken.
Yesterday, though, I had about 5 ounces of salmon, a bunch of asparagus, half an avocado, and two of those brown "kumatos" I believe I referenced in a previous entry. Those things are just awesome.
I tend to go protein/ vegetable/ vegetable here. Sometimes it's much like yesterday's lunch. Last night it was a 4 oz. grass fed (I die) burger patty, 2 cups of broccoli, and around one medium sweet potato's worth of oven "fries".
There was supposed to be the second half of the lunch avocado on last night's dinner but I forgot and by the time I remembered, I was full; hence, avocado for breakfast this morning.
So, no. Not suffering here. And my abs are back, which is timely considering my belly dance class is performing at a local arts festival this upcoming Saturday.
I would promise to post a picture, but unless Blogger complies I don't see it happening.
So before bed tonight I need to
- finish the laundry;
- cook and pack the rest of my weekly work lunches;
- bake the boys' chicken tender stash (I buy bulk raw, freeze 2/3, marinate the remainder -- 14 or so tenders -- about 36 hours, then bake up a bunch for their dinners/ snack/ but I'm still HUNGRY! fests);
- go to dance practice (we scheduled a special one, which is good because my Stupid Knee is acting in concert with The Bum Hip to make some of these shimmies a bit obnoxious for me);
- and the boys really both need a damn haircut. Not sure if that's going to happen, but it's on my radar.