Thursday, May 23, 2013

Whole30 -- This Time for Realz :P

Heya folks :)

So I completed my Whole3weeks last weekend.  I weighed 142 at the end of it so essentially, in three weeks I lost... nothing.  Nada.  Zero, zip, zilch.  But on the plus side I am now able to consistently breathe through my nose (is it wheat?  dairy?) and my stupid joints aren't leaving me at a 2-4 pain level on a 1-10 pain scale anymore. 

I've lived with that low-level ache for literally years, and now it's gone.  Un-freaking-believable.  My knee isn't cured by any means.  When I move in certain directions it reminds me that it's still here and yes, it's still damaged... but it's much more livable.

I have yet to even max out on my speed/ resistance on the stationary bike, which is huge.  We'll see where this leads.

But for the meantime, I'm on Day 2 of my actual Whole30.  Food has been average.  I didn't have everything shopped for -- Choreboy and I just got back from the beach -- so yesterday breakfast was two hardboiled eggs, 3 ridiculously huge strawberries, and a packet of Wholly Guacamole.  This morning I decided I liked yesterday's breakfast so well I nearly repeated it, with the addition of a side of roasted cauliflower.

Okay, I tried to have half an avocado instead of the WG, but the silly thing was underripe/ inedible.  Bleah.  Thank goodness for keeping at least some convenience foods in stock!

Lunches this week will be sketchy due to, again, my absence from my kitchen this weekend.  Yesterday I hit up Chipotle (the carnitas is compliant, as is the mild salsa, guacamole, and lettuce, so that's what I had), and today I may well have an almost exact repeat of breakfast, sans cauliflower.

Dinner is fish, because it was fresh and I didn't have to worry about thawing it, along with said roasted cauliflower and also roasted asparagus.

Dang this is an exciting entry.  Well, not so much except for the knees behaving themselves a bit more.  Again, that's huge.

I'm out -- 3 day weekend is on the horizon and I have food prep to plan :)  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I noticed a big difference in general body feel on Whole30 or just paleo - it's crazy how that exponentially increases quality of life!!

My fav. part of being paleo is that these weird rashes I've had my whole adult life on my legs/lower body DISAPPEAR.

So, losing weight or not - still worth it :)

Amanda said...

True Jeanette -- absolutely!

Hmm. My older son gets weird red blotches on his lower legs when he gets heated up. We've yet to figure out what they are and as they don't impact him other than cosmetically his doctor and I have agreed to let them be, but I'm wondering if maybe they're food related.

It's potentially worth exploring.

Norma said...

Go you! Glad you & Choreboy had a nice getaway.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Norma! It really was a treat. We found a tiny horseshoe crab crawling right by the shoreline, even, which was amazing beyond belief :)

I can't wait to go back... but I'm too cheap to do it any time soon, LOL