Friday, July 06, 2012

Results Not Typical

I am not a fan of change.  It's not just my age, although that's not helping.  It's simply hardwired into my system.  And I know that people as a whole kind of tend to resist change, but I would posit that my resistance is less like the resistance of a reed to the wind, and more like that of a concrete block wall.

This whole "sale of the gym/ loss of the trainer" thing has thrown me for a way bigger loop than the situation merits.  I totally get that.  But I also get that within my own little tiny brain, it's bigger than I can handle*.  So I'm definitely cancelling the membership at now - L.A. Fitness.  We likely will join the Y in a bit, although I'm thinking I'll move back to exercising at home for awhile.  I've got some new lower body moves I've found I can do thanks to my exposure to both of my trainers, and the immense amount of time my gym sessions would take away from my family was just a bit much for a long-term activity plan.

It makes me sad, but perhaps this is all for the best.  I need to focus on the people in my life, not on how many reps I'm doing.  Those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but with my schedule and the way I tend to pursue things it was becoming that way for me.

I'll figure something out.  I always do.  I just need to get my act together food-wise (we will NOT discuss the Fourth of July and my Heluvagood Dip consumption) before my ever-widening ass gets to the beach.

*I know, it's freaking ridiculous.  And with some situations I would find a way to deal and adapt.  But with this particular situation, I'm bailing.  Because I can.  Because there are enough things out there that require my limited adaptation skills, and I'm not going to waste them on the freaking gym.

3 comments:

Angela Pea said...

"Because there are enough things out there that require my limited adaptation skills, and I'm not going to waste them on the freaking gym."

YES!!!! It's all good, Amanda, and you're going to be a rock star wherever you work out.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Angela :) Yeah, I'm feeling a bit like a pansy about this, but when I step back the simple fact is I need to expend energy on what I eat and on exercise, not on WHERE I exercise. So this particular gym is out.

Sarah said...

You'll get it all figured out. Sorry to hear about the gym issues though. That's crummy. :(

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com