Friday, May 25, 2012

I Thought Things Were Supposed to Calm Down

*snort* Riiiiight...

Well, to update!

First, the Offspring:

The Gum Zombie had a piece of art selected out of hundreds chosen to hang in our local art museum (in the company of several other children). He was over the moon, and his brother was flatly appalled at having to sit through the awards ceremony.

However! The Elder decided that this year he'd actually turn in his National Junior Honor Society application, in large part to ensure his little brother had to sit through something for him. We all survived his induction, but the Elder's over-the-moon moment didn't occur until he found out he has been placed in Advanced Algebra I for eighth grade.

There are times when I wonder if that boy is my son -- math was not my strong suit. Then I remember labor...

...yep, he's mine. And in my defense, I did finally learn to "speak" math in my late twenties. I survived Calculus I and II as well as statistics quite nicely.

---------------------

On the "is Amanda moving or has she become glued to her couch" front, I plead the former. In fact, I'll use it as my entire excuse for not blogging because time is now at such a premium. I have Tuesday and Thursday with my trainer, Wednesday I have belly dancing, and Saturday I head in to the gym with the Elder (we farm the Gum Zombie out to the gym's childcare center), followed up by independent dance practice on both Saturday and Sunday.

Monday and Friday I'm glued to Choreboy, because that poor man barely sees me now. Tuesday - Thursday I don't get home until after 8:00, and it's rare that I'm done eating and hosed off before 9:00. Considering that I'm in bed between 9:30 and 10:00, that doesn't leave much time. So I'm prioritizing.

Other than that, not much is new. I had a brief "episode" with Chipotle overkill (5 out of 6 days I ate there, yikes!) so now I've banned myself as I obviously am not to be trusted. I'll go back in a few months, but just because it isn't as bad for me as McDonald's does not make my burrito bowl with carnitas, sour cream, cheese, and guac into health food.

Off to navigate the Memorial Day festivities -- have an awesome holiday weekend, everyone :)

6 comments:

Norma said...

Nice work by the Spawn & by the Mom! Have a great weekend!

Leigh said...

Have a great weekend:) Our holiday weekend was last week!

Amanda said...

Thanks Norma and Leigh -- will do!

In fact, it appears I've managed to dodge the Memorial Day bullet, food-wise. It's going to be a total veg-out weekend so I don't have to navigate evil food choices. YES! LOL

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Love the update

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Great job on the kiddos accomplishments! I love seeing mine succeed and flourish.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Susan Bodendo/Super Earthling said...

I love the wonderful news about your sons! It's so nice to see a mom so supportive and proud of her kids' accomplishments, Amanda. :)