Sunday, April 15, 2012

Out of my Cold, Dead Fingers

There it is: my lone remaining vice.  I've always sworn that you'd be prying it out of my cold, dead fingers.  I quit smoking years ago, I rarely drink, I track every calorie that goes into my mouth, and I figure we're all permitted one excess, right?

Wrong -- or at least my body didn't get that memo.  Because I've developed a marvelous case of reflux (thanks, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!) and one of the things that seems to trigger mine the most is carbonation.

This sucks.

I've gone from an-amount-that-shall-not-be-confessed, to 4 per day, to 2 per day, and yesterday I had only one.  I'm toying with allowing myself to stay at that number but I'll admit that there's now part of me that says to just dump it entirely.

On the plus side, my water intake (already in excess of 64 oz./ day) has skyrocketed.  At this point I'm so well-hydrated I could survive a drought.

Oh well.  I'll figure it out.  Probably over a nice, steaming hot cup of coffee.  Because you will pry my caffeine out of my cold...

Nevermind.  I don't want to jinx myself.


Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Oh, I feel for you. I love my dt. dr. pepper. Love.

The Ninja said...

Dude, those peanut butter nightmares have caused me reflux to no end. I even gave myself a double dose of burn because I am addicted to the Super Nova mountain dew which made it like 10 times worse.

Amanda said...

Thank you for the sympathies, ladies. And Ninja, thanks for the heads up! I'd had no idea they caused that, but holy cow I did myself in on Easter.

"Moderation" didn't happen. I did it to myself, but good grief!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

It's hard to do, but possible! :) I stopped 10 years ago after an eight a day habbit. :)