Monday, August 10, 2009

Family

My children love me. I know this because this morning I asked each one if he'd brushed his teeth. Each delightful, innocent child chriped "Yes, mama!"

And because I am an adoring mother but not a fool, I asked to sniff their breath.

Both of the little darlings clamped their lips shut.

I looked at them, "Your breath would fell a full-grown rhino, wouldn't it?"

They giggled, and ran off to the bathroom to de-offensify their teeth. Their daycare will thank me.

------------------------

My brother, on the other hand, is in league with the cats to do me in. We were discussing our workouts yesterday and he recommended I added more of an interval blast into my treadmill bonding activities, so when I got home I resolved to give it a whirl.

I got on the treadmill and did my first mile in 20 minutes. The second mile is also 20 minutes, but at a 5% incline usually. Well, this time I went up to 10% incline for 2 minute intervals every five minutes on Mile 2 and let me tell you, that kicked my ass. It about killed me.

His wife is getting a text alerting her to her husband's homicidal tendencies.

No comments: