Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Aggravating

Yet another entry today. Must mark this date on my calendar...

Basically I'm babbling because I'm aggravated by my writing. I think I was doing pretty well back in the summer of 2007, but during my hiatus my brain went on hold or something, because now I'm right back where I was around 2002: using four words when one will suffice and other literary sins.

It annoys. That's one reason the "snicker" entry just doesn't read well. I was somewhat uncomfortable writing about the topic and my first line of defense when uncomfortable is to cram as many syllables possible into a paragraph and hope it doesn't look like crap.

Well, it looks like crap. Fortunately that kind of fits the subject matter.

Eh, working on it. But I'm leaving the miserable entry up so I don't forget how hosed my writing can be.

2 comments:

Tycho Beresford said...

Rules of Writing #17: Never use a large word when a diminutive one will do.

Mauigirl said...

Hi Amanda, just catching up here. Happy Belated New Year. I hope 2009 is great for you and your family.