Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Birthday

Well, I've changed some of that funky stuff up in the title block thingie as now I am officially 37, rather than just "nearly."

Not much to say about the birthday. I took the day off from work, took the kids to daycare (yes, I'm a bad mother), and proceeded to do nothing around the house except wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes. Beyond that? I sat on my duff and read a book.

It was one of the best birthdays I've had in years. It's also the first day I took off just for me in almost two years. The last time I took a personal day off was just before our wedding anniversary in 2005. I was determined to get our bedroom looking nice, as I wanted the nuptial nookie I was envisioning to take place in a room that wasn't overrun with laundry, kid droppings (toys, people!), and other assorted piles.

Well, I got the room scraped up and proceeded to scrub at some spots on the carpet. This was where I really went wrong, apparently, because as I tried to get up from the floor my back screamed at me.

It continued to yell for the next three days. Nuptial nookie? Yeah, right.

So anyway, happy birthday to me! Hey, it's better than the alternative. Now I've just got to finish that book I started reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Mandy!!!!! I miss you both of so much :(

Amanda said...

Thanks, hon!

I miss y'all too. It's just a tad bit nuts around here. See my recent posts.