Tuesday, July 18, 2006

About Me

I hate doing intros, but since I feel like I have to (it's just my own pressure on myself), here goes.

Firstly, "Amanda Justice" is not my real name. Please do not look up people with the name "Amanda Justice" and try to figure out which one is me, as none of them are, and you'll just be pestering some innocent folks. "Amanda" is my great-great-grandmother's name, and "Justice" comes from my former profession of legal secretary as well as my desire for justice which, believe me, isn't always a given in our legal system. I do believe we have one of the best systems currently in place, but I'd be the last person to say it's perfect.

For the more personal stuff, I'm a married thirty-six-year-old. The spousal unit and I have two sons who are 7.5 and 3.5 years old, who have been solely responsible for my "things I never thought I'd say" list which consists of delightful phrases including, "You may only eat your boogers in your bedroom," "The ice dispenser is not a toe-hold," and the ever-popular, "We do not wear potatoes in our underpants."

The title of this blog? Well, I work for an architecture firm, so that's one place where the walls come in. Another reference would be my total inability to separate myself from the clients I used to work with in the legal field. I'd lose sleep over them. I just don't have the "walls" necessary to deal with criminal or family law on a long-term basis. Part of me wishes I did, as I was good in the field and really enjoyed much of the work. That didn't hold any water, though, when I realized I was concentrating on my job to the detriment of my family and myself. So... boring architecture (punch lists are fun! Not), here I come. Eh, it's a living. It also offers health insurance, a 401K, and 6K more a year than I made previously. Money wasn't the deciding factor in my job-switch, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't put it into my calculations.

Outside of work and family, I love to read. My favorite authors are S.L./ Lynn Viehl, Nora Roberts/ J.D. Robb, Piers Anthony, Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon/ Kinley MacGregor, Catherine Coulter, Paul Levine (the cover art on his first Solomon and Lord novel is a hoot!), and.... sheesh, there are too many for me to list. As I write more and figure out how to put links on this thing, I'll link to their sites.

That's about it at this point. My husband and I are both a bit under the weather. I took a brief nap while the kids were at school, and now Himself has crashed out for the evening, so I'm trying to keep the offspring from waking him. Next time I get my roots touched up, I strongly suspect they'll be totally white.

No comments: