Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Insert Cute Title Here

Well y'all, I've hit 136 enough days recently that I feel comfortable actually posting it. Once is water, twice is maybe? But third time's the charm. I am trying not to care if the scale stays in this neighborhood rather than continuing its downward trend. Honestly though, I'd like to wave at 130 even if it's just a fly-by. That was my ultimate goal. On the other hand, even when I was at 133 my pants were all loose and I'm not sure if that's a good look for me anymore.

Besides, I hate belts.

That said, we've got our belly dancing recital coming up this Sunday, so I'm glad things are more on the low end of the scale. I've been practicing like a fiend, and at this point with the choreography it's more about refining the steps for me than learning them and committing them to memory because after the number of times I've done this I don't think I'll ever forget it. I've got a permanent groove worn in my bedroom carpet where I've been hiding out going over and over and over this thing.

--------------------------

My food intake is appallingly boring. Five days of the week I eat nearly the same thing, because it's just easier. Breakfast is an egg white scramble (sometimes with a yolk, sometimes, not, ALWAYS with lots of white) with a side of vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, tomato) and a side of fruit (berries, apple). Lunch is the infamous "Here's How I Keep Myself Away from Chipotle" salad with greens, chicken breast meat, salsa, guacamole -- I've switched from avocados because those suckers kept rotting on me, and after eyeballing its ingredients list, Wholly Guacamole is acceptable in my world -- reduced fat sour cream and 2% shredded cheddar. Dinner is some sort of lean-to-leanish meat (fish, turkey burger, pork tenderloin) along with more veg, and I do throw a dessert in, generally some variant of frozen yogurt. From my calories, I'm about 80% good to my 20% dessert, and I can live with that.

The other two days a week I kick it up a notch. Sometimes this is the weekend, other times I spread it out during the week just depending on my schedule and all. I might add in more carbs (Chipotle bellows loudly even when I do my best!), or go with a less lean meat choice (pot roast, anyone?). The boys and I went to Yogurt Mountain this past Saturday, which I'll totally cop to counting as breakfast. And I will absolutely admit that Bacon Happens.

Just not often. And not in excess. Because "often" and "excess" are what got me to 200 pounds. I'm not going back there.

Besides, I can't. I got rid of the clothes. Makes it a bit more tricky to scoot up that scale ;)

Have a good one, y'all! If I get any decent pictures of myself at the recital I'll post them afterward. Be warned, makeup will totally be set to Streetwalker.

I'm gonna have fun with this.

6 comments:

Angela Pea said...

That's what I did this time...tossed the big clothes just as soon as I shrunk out of them. Absolutely no going back this time.

Enjoy the heck out of your recital!

Norma said...

I got Wholly Guac and Wholly Salsa for the family's taco night dinner last night. Very clean. Had a nibble of each and pronounced it YUMMY.

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Good luck at the recital!

Leigh said...

I alsohave no really fat clothes left. My current clothes will hopefully become my new fat clothes very soon:) Kick ass at the recital:)

Lesley Speller said...

What workout are you doing?

I have one pair of my top size that I'm keeping to remind myself! Other than that I'm selling everything to a used place for new clothes in smaller sizes!

Unknown said...

I think you're doing great. Personally, I like having the stand by meals, it makes thing easy. But, I do get bored over time, so I try to have at least 2 for each meal that I can swap with, so when I get tired of one, I switch to the other one.