The picture above is after all four of us had eaten dinner. Choreboy alone had two helpings. Sorry Food Network, but no way this serves only six; in the end we calculated it at a minimum of 10 servings per recipe.
It's not as if we're even talking small servings here -- this stew is seriously good stuff. But after two hours of prep time before that sucker went into the oven (not counting the bit of chopping and marinating I did hours earlier) it had better be.
The only tweak we made to the recipe was we used green beans rather than peas, because peas = eeew.
No, my recent Campaign to Not Hate Legumes hasn't extended to those nasty little green spheroids. My loathing for peas goes beyond mere texture, it seems.
Ah well... it's been a great three-day weekend. Tomorrow, back to the grind. I hope everyone who had a day off today enjoyed it! I sure did.
[Now I'm going to pay for it, because I have to get the tax paperwork together at the office -- UGH. Honestly, I'd rather eat peas. And y'all know that's saying something.]


4 comments:
I had to help her cook. It was very traumatic experience considering the fact that it is my day off. On the plus side- every dish in the kitchen has been washed at least once today;)
You chopped what, two vegetables? My heart weeps...
(okay, he has a point about the dishes)
Mmmmm...looks good. I'm OK with peas if they're those little, tiny baby peas. Not big ones though. My pet peeve is lima beans - can't stand the texture of those!
That looks damn good! Ina annoys me for some reason - she's too wishy-washy, I think. But she does make some good stuff.
Post a Comment