Friday, May 31, 2013

The Gum Zombie Meets Parkour

The Gum Zombie has taken up parkour in his latest attempt to shatter what's left of my sanity.  I think his favorite drill last week was scaling a 10-foot wall only to leap down off it onto some giant pouf-thingie.

He loves it.  And when it's not your kid, it's absolutely a blast to watch!


The Young Immortals flinging their bodies about with reckless abandon are the same dudes who are teaching the Gum Zombie how not break his neck. My prayer is that they are successful.

Because, you know, I'm somewhat fond of the child.

And y'all, if even one of them is thirty I'll eat my hat.  I'm betting the oldest is twenty-seven, max.  And no, I could not tell you who that is.  Everyone under a certain age has started to blur together.  There's the elementary aged kids, the young adolescents, the gangly adolescents, and the young adults, where I'd place these guys.  This is rapidly followed by the less-young adults... okay, and it kind of goes downhill from there.

I may be raging against the dying of the light, but I also know that I'm past my first youth.  Barely:P  But out of respect for my aging body I'm leaving the flying about to the younger folks.

There's a part of me that just wishes I could, though...

Have fun, Gum Zombie :)  I'll be watching.

3 comments:

PlumPetals said...

Parkour is quickly picking up in popularity here in Kuwait ... but I think I take enough risks with MMA training ;)

Dr. J said...

"It was our believe in invulnerability which allowed us to press on."

Spoken by one of the surviving British pilots that attempted unsuccessfully to break the sound barrier just after WW2

Amanda said...

PP, you probably do :D But I see them and it looks like so much fun.

Dr J, I love that quote.

I've messaged the Zoic guys on FB and asked about modifications for those of us not still blessed with young knees, and it looks like Choreboy and I are going to "play" next Saturday (we're overscheduled this weekend, so no parkour). I'll let y'all know how it goes :)